Valorant patch 3.08 is here, and it comes with some updates to the game’s progress, storage, and reporting systems.
While relatively minor compared to some of Riot’s more impactful fixes, Valorant Patch 3.08 focuses on improving the game’s internal systems.
Players will now be alerted if their report of a toxic player resulted in action against them, and finally, we can equip any skin variant we like. A long sought after feature, players will be able to choose whether or not they want to use finishers, or just play with the gun skin itself.
The other major change is in the game’s progress UI. Players can now hide their level via a checkbox system, and you can also equip a new border for your player card via the Playercard section.
Valorant patch 3.08 notes
The full Valorant update 3.08 patch notes can be found below.
These were obtained via Riot games:
Persistent comments on the report
- Your reports matter, and we want you to know it! You will now be informed if we have taken
action on any of your reports, whether you are offline or not.
- If your client is operational, you will receive a notification. If you’re offline at the time of the action, don’t worry! You will receive your notification when you return.
Customizing the level border
- You will be able to equip any account level border that has been unlocked
- A tab has been added to the player card selection.
Hide account level
- It is now possible to hide your account level when playing a match with other people who are not your friends
- To enable it, uncheck the box located in the Level Border tab.
Equippable skin levels
- You should be able to equip any skin level except variants, which will always default to max skin level.
- Collapsed instances where the user interface is invalidated
- Basically reduces the number of times the UI needs to update, thus saving performance costs.
- Optimized Viper’s Poison Cloud 1P HUD
- Optimized Viper’s Pit 1P HUD
- Optimized weapon and capacity clipping plan calculations
- Coaches now have the ability to switch to players with keyboard shortcuts
- Keyboard shortcuts are 1 to 5 left to right on the top HUD.
- Coaches will now see a visual Picture in Picture (PIP) on the Top Player HUD to indicate who they are watching
- Trainers now inherit the setting to see player keyboard shortcuts on the minimap, similar to watchers
- Viper’s glove valves now appear on the correct side of his hands in left hand mode
- Weapon skins should now appear correctly in the game
- Attackers in Hall A in Split could previously hear gunshots from Ramp A during the buy phase – this was not intentional and is now fixed
- Viper’s Ultimate will no longer appear incorrectly when placed on top of shipping crates on Site B located on Icebox
- You may have noticed that if you shoot certain walls repeatedly, a blinding orb will appear – this was due to the infinite stacking of flowers and should now be fixed.
- Observers can now correctly see player outlines through barriers
- Fixed an issue that could occur when the Orb barrier breaks
- Fixed issues for some input prompts
- Fixed a bug where using Ping (Z) while defusing would cause you to stop defusing